Friday, August 07, 2009

Potty Training....







I don't want any more advice about potty training. I just want Ava to go pee pee in the potty. Or poo poo in the potty. I made the mistake of applauding one time for her tooting on the potty. Now she thinks that is all you really have to do on the potty. Argh! Even though she goes through the check list when I go to the bathroom, and wants to know if I did a yucky in the toilet, and wants to see it, she still doesn't do it when she is on her princess potty seat. Yes--I even broke down and got her the Disney princess potty seat. She has peed in her carseat. She started to pee in Paige's carseat because I was washing hers. She has peed on her Elmo couch. She has peed on our IKEA couch. She has peed multiple times on floor right next to the potty. I know she has pee and poop inside her. I just want her to get it in the toilet. Sometimes, she even yells at her butt for the pee pee and poo poo to "come out now"! Hilarious. And yet frustrating evenso. It has gotten better the past couple of days--of course, I've been at work those days as well. So, I am not sure if that is why it seems better, or if she is slowly getting the hang of things :)

No need for consolation; just need an abundance of prayer for patience and wisdom on our behalf and for Ava to not get exasperated with the whole thing.

I think I'm done for a little while.

No comments: