Friday, November 21, 2008

What the heck??!!

Today I was told to fix a problem at work that I had nothing to do with; I was just in the path of the Dr who was extremely upset. And I had to listen to him on his soapbox for a good hour of my morning that I didn't really have to spare.

What the heck??!!

I was called into my manager's office today and told that I have to pump my milk and nurse my baby faster than I am already currently doing during the work day. And that I should take my work phone with me to lunch so I can field any calls that come for me (with my 3rd hand? I am already nursing and trying to eat lunch at the same time)

What the heck??!!

I was greeted after my 'lunch break' by an overhead page in the hospital and the Chief of Staff for the Drs to interrogate me about something that happened during my lunch break that I didn't even know had happened yet (should've had my phone I guess), and why I let it happen. I knew I wasn't going to get to say my piece, so I just smiled and nodded and said, "ok. sure." repeatedly. No matter how much he baited his questions, I just nodded my head and didn't reply with words. It was killing me not to say what I really wanted to say (like "you're a pompous idiot who is such a 'yes' man you wouldn't know an original idea if it smacked you upside the head"). He took me back to first year nursing school to reeducate me about how to take a dr's order.

What the heck??!!

After what I called "my 3 kicks in the groin" so far that day, my manager reappears to tell me her advice for the whole situation above is to never trust anyone. Great lesson, great teacher. Really helped me out. That's sounds like a great way to get bitter and ugly.

What the heck??!!

No comments: