
That's right--my favorite month of the year is August, and it is because we get to celebrate another year in the life of me! Sounds crazy, and as we get older, supposedly we don't want our birthdays to creep around again. But I know if I am having another birthday, God has given me 365 days of breath and too many heartbeats to count! It is amazing to see my life unfold in front of me, and yet I have such fond memories of where I've come from. Heidi took both her birthday and mine off this year, so it was a lot of fun to spend time with her. Our birthdays are back to back, the 21st (hers) and the 22nd (mine). We got our 'sister' pictures done this year, on her birthday--it had been a while since we had our last ones taken.

We got Ava's pictures done on my birthday, because pictures are fun, and I wanted fun on my birthday! Yikes--blissfully naive logic! I am learning that getting pictures done in a studio can be a circus, and some parents don't like keeping track of their kids very much. Anyway, after we got her pictures taken, we went into Ann Arbor for the second day in a row to get my free Stucchi's ice cream--my sister's birthday is the day before mine, so we went in the previous day too! We at lunch at Jerusalem Gardens (middle-eastern cuisine) and then had Stucchi's for dessert. I got a bunch of artsy stuff from Christopher, which was really cool. I got more stencils to do embossing and card making, and I have always wanted the jumbo pack of
multi-
colored Sharpies which I got this year. My parents gave me a Willowtree statuette, and from other members of my family I received some music and scrapbooking stuff. Alas, again, no I-Pod. I will now put it on my Christmas list. Anyway, it was a good day. I had fun.
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Kristen!
And Also congrats to Christopher on WMS!
Post a Comment